Marketing budgets were not utilized efficiently.
The Before state
Clients were addressing the issue by running ad-hoc experiments on the customer life cycle to test the engagement.
The LatentView Solution
- We compared the retention trend for all our customers across months who use different product features for baselining the E&R KPIs.
- The engagement KPI metrics for high and low-engaging customers were obtained.
- At the product level, we monitored the kind of action/engagement the customer was making at definite time intervals.
- Took different approaches for each product to discover the AHA moment. For example, the AHA moment for a video editing app was when high-value customers used a particular “edit” feature four times within a seven-day period. This way, we knew what action a low-engaging customer should take to convert them into a highly engaging customer.
The After state
- Marketing campaigns were developed and launched through email messages, in-app pop-ups, and push notifications, eventually rendering four percentiles an increase in retention.
- Insights on early growth drivers helped increase customer engagement with the product and used in the marketing campaigns for new subscriptions.
- Engagement or activity for the features targeted increased by 78%.