What You’ll Do
- Design robust, reusable and scalable data solutions and pipeline frameworks to automate ingestion, processing and delivery of batch and real-time streaming data.
- Build and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models for transactional, BI and analytical platforms.
- Lead the development and on-going maintenance of our target state data architecture roadmap in collaboration with technology and business partners.
- Ensure on-going alignment of new and existing data initiatives with the target state data architecture.
- Define standards and best practices for enterprise data management framework.
- Play an active role in all stages of a data solution life cycle: acquisition, ingestion, curation, publication, quality and metadata to ensure consistency with data management standards and best practices.
- Assist with data-related technical challenges and perform root-cause analysis to answer specific business questions and recommend and implementing ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Assist in the selection of data management tools required to expand our platform capability. Make recommendations to senior management.
What You’ll Bring
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with data warehousing, big data and cloud technologies with focus on the data architecture discipline.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with
- Data modeling or architecture tools (ERWin)
- BI visualization software (Power BI, Qlikview)
- Data catalog software (Informatica EDC, IBM Infosphere, Collibra)
- Data quality management (IBM IA, Informatica IDQ)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise data solutions that enables well integrated transactional, BI and
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server) and big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive)
- Deep experience with data modeling, analysis, metadata and quality.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL queries
- Experience with Cloud data platforms technolo gies: Azure Data Lake Store, Azure
- Databricks, Google Cloud Platform (Data Proc, Dataflow, Big Query).
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Superb analytical and conceptual thinking skills; to not only manipulate but also derive meaningful interpretations from data
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to liaise with all levels across the enterprise on projects and ad-hoc requests
- Strong detail orientation is essential in this role
- A Team player and self-starter